Thursday 5 October 2017

Updates in my life: I HAVE DECIDED ON A UNIVERSITY COURSE

Hello,

I never thought this day would come - the day I stayed put on what I wanted to do with myself in the future. But I guess on Sunday the 1st of October I have come to the conclusion I will be studying the Msc (hons) Applied Psychology (clinical) course at the university of Exeter. That is one big mouthful of a sentence to say but one that I am grateful I am able to finally share. I received the news that my adjustment place was confirmed on Friday after being unsure that I wanted to just study straight psychology and therefore asking to change course to the masters clinical psychology course. And after a Skype interview and a long wait I got an email entitled "Your offer" and I screamed and cried at work whilst everyone was staring at me whilst I happily sobbed whilst handing a girl her oreo milkshake. I had been debating whether Exeter was right for me for a long time, always thinking maybe another university would be better for me however I truly believing in fate and receiving that email entitled "Your Offer" was the most amazing feeling in the world. I think I am just simply feeling nervous about university and which to go for however because of what I want to do and the end goal being "Dr Rosie Nevison" I will have many years in university to figure that out.

I have now officially watched all my friends go leave to start blooming at university and the reality of my gap year has started to hit. Nobody told me about the months where you are desperately saving every penny and agreeing to every overtime shift possible. In 16 days I have had one day off and I am utterly exhausted, but I have just had pay day and booked my flight to both hanoi and bali so I am trying to convince myself I feel a little more motivated to work harder than before. I have now made 3 grand out of my 10 grand target however the majority of that has already gone to pre payed deposits  and flights so lets just say I am incredibly glad I do not pay rent right now. But there is 177 days until April 1st, the day I set off and start in Cambodia and even thought 177 days seems so long it feels so short when thinking that there is just so much that I have to do. But nonetheless I shall continue working 24/7 and trying to save as much money as possible.

I am doing multiple events within the coming weeks for Beat, the eating disorder charity I represent. Next week I am doing a speech at the priory hospital Roehampton which I am incredibly excited about. I am so passionate about sharing and starting the conversation about the fact that recovery is actually possible and that I am living proof that recovery is possible. The next event is a speech at the university of kent to I don't even know how many people, but I am still going to do it no matter how nervous I am, but it is for an amazing cause entitled the "Molly Mclaren Foundation" which aims to raise 23,000 pounds for beat in memory of a young girl called Molly. But I feel so privileged to be able to support such an amazing charity at the forefront of eating disorder recovery.

I think that is all from me currently, I now need to go make this day off useful and go make banana bread and book some more flights and trains for my gap year.

Rosie

Image result for university of exeter

No comments:

Post a Comment