Wednesday 13 September 2017

Its September I Should Be In School, Shouldn't I?

Hello all!!

I have figured out I am just as bad as sticking to blog post deadlines as I was with school deadlines so I apologise for how late this blog post is however there are many reasons for this. In the last 2 weeks I have only had 2 days off, it has been my 18th birthday with many celebrations, I have also attended the "animal rights march" and be swamped with applying for visas and paying deposits (planning a gap year is harder then it looks!).

Yet it is now mid September and I feel extremely out of place that I am waking up at seven for work rather then to attend school, it is something I will defiantly have to start getting used to. Especially as I see my younger sister get into her uniform and it makes me sad that I am no longer at TGS. (never did I think I would miss going to school! But now I do feel sad that I am no longer attending my favourite psychology and biology lessons although English I am glad to go without. But I am officially giving myself the title of "Workaholic" since this week I have just under 60 hours of work but I am just under half way through now and TOMORROW IS MY DAY OFF!! But I guess this is what happens when you try balance several jobs, which is something I don't recommend unless you have a big motivation. Mine as you can probably guess is my gap year (and my pay check), as I said gap year planning is harder than expected. I never thought my day off will now consist of heading to the vietnamese embassy in the morning rather than a lie in as they close at 12. But even though that is a hassle now I know when I am working in a paediatric ward in Vietnam it will be very much worth the early start applying for a visa. But I am hoping working overtime this week will really help me get the funds I need for my gap year as I have just realised how much eight and a half grand actually is.

But aside from the working I have had many days celebrating my 18th birthday, which had been due for a very long time as I had watched the entire year turn 18 before I did. But I had the most lovely day by the beach and ended up getting a very inappropriately placed sparkly fake tattoo (which has just about faded now) under the influence of an expensive gin and tonic. But it was my 18th those things are bound to happen. Since turning 18 I have recently discovered that after a few pitchers those 2 for 5 pound desserts in spoons look even more tempting than they did sober (especially finding out there is a vegan dessert). But lets just say weekends now as an 18 year old aren't fun to work especially when you have 7am starts. But oh well, I keep telling myself those 3am moments and the memories you try remember in the morning are worth it,

Just over a week ago I attended the animal rights march in London with my friend Tash. I had always wanted to go but I had always been busy but this year I finally went. I remember when i first became vegan I told myself I would never become one of those preachy vegan but hey who can stop me now. I had the most amazing day and I felt truly empowered by being surrounded by 5000 vegans!! (I didnt know 5000 vegans existed especially in and around London). But I found out there is a kent vegan society which as soon as I have sorted a work life balance I will be becoming a member of. But it was an incredible moment for me as I felt so passionate about veganism and there were so many people supporting my passion that we want and animals deserve "liberation" and the fact that there is "no excuse for animal abuse." However at the end of the day when they were doing speeches and spoken word poetry I became very said when I realised next years march will be when I am in Thailand but the march will have all my support from Thailand and I hope the year after I will be able to attend.

The majority of my friends are packing their bags and leaving for university this week which I am very saddened about and I am trying to figure out whether it was the right decision to take a gap year. As even though it is now under 200 days until I leave, 200 days of at least 9 hour shifts is very draining and maybe I should have gone to university straight away. But I am trying to convince myself I have made the right decision and I defiantly will not regret going to Asia when time comes, just seems very daunting and far away right now but also so close at the same time. But even though I have my place at exeter I have applied to the clinical psychology course and last week I had an interview for the Msc clinical psychology course. But I haven't received the result from that interview yet, however I will just take it as good experience if I don't get in. I have also had another epiphany about my future life and thought that maybe teaching is the right way for me? Or maybe being a humanitarian aid worker? But I have no idea but maybe one day when you are reading one of these blogs I will have a definite plan!! Who knows miracles happen!!

I hope you have enjoyed this update into my life, who knows when the next one will be, perhaps on sunday like it should be or perhaps another time but I'll see you then.

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment