Sunday 1 January 2017

Hopes for 2017 and my bucket list

As 2016 comes to a close I begin the time of reflection of what I have achieved and what I hope to achieve in the upcoming year. I couldn't have predicted how 2016 would have panned out and when reflecting on it I have come to realise it has been the craziest hardest year of my life but it has also been the year that I am the most thankful for.

I began 2016 in a car travelling 3 hours to an eating disorder hospital away from all my family and friends after a failed home leave where my eating disorder was at its lowest point. Yet even though I still struggle I am ending 2016 by going out for pizza with my friends on new years eve - something that I could never imagine doing yet it is now becoming the norm. Apart from the development in recovery from my eating disorder I have had many successes such as: being a bridesmaid to my cousin in an ice church in Lapland, skied for the first time, went back to full time education, got my first job, quit my first job, got my second job, celebrated many friends 18th birthdays, celebrated my own birthday in Kalymnos - A greek island I spent 2 weeks on in the summer, I visited my second home (Denmark) a lot and I handed in my university application. Through having all these achievements I thought well what could I do in 2017 to make this year the best for me and the year I can maximise the opportunities I am presented with? Because of this I have created a bucket list, well two to be honest. One consists of challenges in terms of my eating disorder recovery (which I shall post another day) the other involves my dreams and goals for 2017 which is what this blog post is about.

Every year my family makes new years resolutions and plan our goals for what we hope to achieve and every year I write a long list and hope to achieve everything that is written down. This year my goals include:


  1. To go outside everyday, even if it is just for a 10 minute walk
  2. To stay at a healthy weight 
  3. To go travelling 
  4. To find another job 
  5. To cut my hair for the little princess trust 
  6. To complete all the challenges in my challenge jar 
  7. To exercise twice a week minimum 
  8. To go out more and do more things and to have less stay at home days 
  9. To write 3 more articles 
  10. To finish writing my book 
  11. To raise minimum of 500 pounds for charity 
  12. To study for my exams 
  13. To treat myself more and buy myself more things 
  14. To go to a play 
  15. To experiment with a new recipe once a week 
  16. To get a tattoo 
  17. Go to festivals 
  18. Campaign for veganism 
  19. Recover from my mental health problems 
These are just a few of my things I hope to achieve yet I thought it would be a good place to start somewhere. So therefore I am starting with these lists and then going to broaden it and I will probably document these things to be honest somehow, I am not sure how but I guess we shall wait and see. I am sure 2017 is going to be  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie! So far I'm really enjoying your blog because your writing style is really nice to read and I love the idea of your blog. :) I just came across a tweet from @VeganWiki that was posted on December 30th on Twitter saying that they are looking for vegan bloggers to work for their Veganuary project and I thought you might be interested (If you are you should DM them for details)? Idk, just thought you might wanted to take a look since you're vegan and you have a blog now :)) I'm really excited for what's more to come on this blog!! X Eva

    ReplyDelete